Whether it is your first encounter with quilting or you are an established guru’ you know one thing for sure: Good quilting mandates for quality machines. Your relationship with your machine is a long-lasting one which necessitates the purchase of a quality machine. With the numerous brands and models rocking the market on a daily interval, it can be quite confusing identifying the best machine to suit your needs. Nonetheless, with this review on the best quilting machine available, you will have an idea of exactly what to look for.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN PURCHASING A QUILTING MACHINE
To help you with your purchase decision, below are some of the key considerations you need to take into account:
Stitches: It is vital you take into account the total number of included stitches and also reflect on your particular preferences that perfectly suit your needs.
Stitch adjustment: similar to the number of stitches available, look out for the particular extent of control you require for the stitch width and lengths.
Presser feet: You also need to take into account the type of presser fit accompanying the machine. It is important to bear in mind that in quilting, a typical walking foot is crucial
Drop feed: Free form patterns are an important aspect of quilting which necessitates for you to go for machines that allow a significant lift relative to the presser foot; since it is how quality patterns are achieved.
Speed and speed adjustment: The faster the sewing, the less the time used! As such, prior to purchasing a quilting machine, it is important you identify its speeds and whether it is adjustable to suit your requirements.
Weight: The aspect of weight works like a double-edged sword it can be advantageous however you see it. Lightweight machines allow portability especially if you are taking classes with your machine. Similarly, heavy machines are firmer when sewing thus do not move.
8. GRACE GRACIE KING MACHINE QUILTER (QUILTCAD PATTERN SOFTWARE)
If you are all about speed and excellence in design when quilting and sewing, then you need to have a look at this Grace King quilter machine. It is a wonderful machine that offers you all the standard services you would expect from a machine for prompt and easy completion of projects.
- Quilt on each frame side.
- Wonderful tension control.
- Seamless and smooth tracking; devoid of metal on metal.
- Original pivoting rails.
- It is accompanied by Bungee clamps and subsequent fourth rail.
- Comfortable while using it.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Characterized by new features such as pivoting rails which ease its use.
7. GRACE MAJESTIC QUILTING FRAME
Imagine being able to create any and all sorts of quilt sizes whether king or crib all using one machine. Impressive isn’t it? Grace Majestic allows frame adjustment to produce quilts or virtually all sizes and is also quite precise and easy to use.
It comes with an enhanced carriage to a typical complete dual-wheel provision which boosts its accuracy, stitches quality and even overall motion. It boasts a steel build that enhances its durability and generally height adaptable legs.
- Fabri-Fast Rails.
- Its carriage is typically professional series
- Height adaptable leg.
- Dimensions” 11” x 21” x 14”.
- Handwheel (Take Up).
- Adjustable frame.
- Guarantees both Precision and simplicity of use.
- Enhanced carriage which boosts accuracy, stitch quality and motion.
- Height adaptable legs.
- No associated cons.
6. GRACE Q’NIQUE 14+ LONG ARM QUILTING MACHINE
For any quilter out there looking to take their proficiency to the next level, no other machine will allow you achieve that feat easier and faster than Grace Q’nique quilting machine. No more hassles when quilting large patterns because this machine comes equipped with a characteristic 14+ arm. Aside from that it is complimented by stitch regulation, enhanced control setting and grip handles that are quite easy to use and reliable in all manners.
- Large throat space (15” x 9” H) that facilitates quilting of larger blocks and patterns
- In-built stitch regulation: it makes use of encoders (high resolution) to maintain constant stitch length; it works analogously with the stitch speed
- Has an OLED color screen that displays every menu and setting clearly
- 6 Simple buttons (quick access) that facilitate easy control of all sewing processes
- Stitch speed: 1800 stitches/minute maximum
- Comes with 4 modes of stitching (precise, cruise, baste, and manual modes) that ease all stitching functions
- Towers (dual thread)
- Easy accessible bobbins
- Comes with 4 stitching modes that significantly ease all stitching processes
- Has 6 simple buttons that allow you to easy maneuver through all processes of stitching
- Large arm that facilitates the quilting of large materials
- Easily accessible bobbins
- Allows you to form even quality patterns
- Some users have cited it as a complicated machine to use particularly for beginners
5. JUKI TL-2200QVP-S LONG ARM SIT DOWN SEWING MACHINE
The Juki TL-2200 Long Arm sewing model is among the most popular machines around. It is characterized by optional leafs that allow its table to adjust to a maximum width of 50”. Aside from coming in with an inbuilt basting, it also comprises laser point stand guide and a direct drive characteristic motor. If you want a quality and flexible machine for your quilting tasks, then this is the product to go for.
- 35″ Width
- Accompanied by a table and a subsequent stand
- Foot control
- Adjustable height (30” to 34”)
- special Thread Trimmer
- Inclusive of a table and stand.
- Characterized by a frame kit that eases its use.
- Heavy-duty machine.
- Minimal instructions for its assembly and use.
4. QUEEN QUILTER BY TIN LIZZIE: LONG ARM WITH STITCH REGULATOR & FRAME
Quilting mandates for two key things, quality, and consistency particularly in the patterns. How do you achieve this? By use of a reliable and excellent machine. The Queen long arm quilter perfectly fits that description. With a host of specific features, this machine not only allows ease of use and a subsequently prompt completion of projects, it also does so with utmost precision and quality.
- Automatic Stitch Regulator: It allows you to maintain the size and length of quits even on speed and or even direction alteration
- Auto Needle Positioner: This feature minimizes needle breaking and bending while in use and also facilitates free movement of the quilter
- Laser Light: It allows easy following of particular quilt pattern when the machine is in use
- Large bobbin capacity: This saves on costs since it reduces regular bobbin replacement
- Hopping Foot: It provides a firm holding of the fabric when the needle is stitching which eases the work and allows prompt completion of projects.
- Ergonomic Handles: These handles are adjustable to reduce the likelihood of injuries (carpal tunnel)
- Ergonomic handles that minimize the occurrence of injuries.
- High-quality build/frame.
- Characterized by a convenient hopping foot that firmly holds the fabric while working on it.
- Laser lighting that allows easy following of a quilting pattern.
- Numerous complaints on unreliable customer services.
- Sluggish stitch regulator.
3. JUKI TL-2000Qi SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE
The TL-2000Qi is an upgraded quilting and sewing machine which is among for home deco. It is a powerful machine (1500 SPM) that is associated with low vibrations as inspired by its characteristic frame made of aluminum (die cast) and a subsequent thread cutting that is automatic. It comes with LED lighting and a typical pedal allowing speed adjustment. Reputed for its stitch quality characterized by original drop feed, this workhorse machine is definitely the easiest way to quality under a simplified quilting process.
- LED lighting and a typical one pedal provision.
- Powerful 1500 SPM for quality quilting and subsequent home décor.
- Needle threader that is automatic.
- Low vibrations inspired by aluminum material (die cast).
- Accompanied by an extension table.
- Comes with a user manual.
- Heavy duty machine.
- Excellent quality and speed.
- Amazon responses cite that its foot pedal feature does not compliment the machine.
2. BROTHER PQ1500SL HIGH-SPEED QUILTING AND SEWING MACHINE
The Brother PQ1500SL model is an ideal machine for alleviating all fabric concerns and completing large scale jobs. With a speed of 1500 stitches every minute, this is a prompt and reliable component for all sorts of quilting and sewing jobs. It is characterized by a typically adaptable pin feed system, 4 exclusive feed dog provisions that optimize fabric control and a thread cutter that is automatic. Moreover, its needle threader is significantly fast allowing it to considerably save on time and costs.
- Dimensions: H15″ x W 11.8″ x 25.2″
- Speed: 1500 stitches every minute
- In built needle threader (automatic)
- Accompanied by an extension table (12 x 18”)
- Comes with auto Needle positioned, Knee Lever, Auto Push-button thread trimmer features
- Detachable drop feed dog control feature
- Large spaced throat plate allowing easy sewing of large quilts
- Quiet because of low vibrations
- Great sewing and quilting
- Easy to use because of the numerous features including Knee leveler
- Use manual
- A limited manufacturer warranty of 25 year
- The needle threader is difficult to use
1. SINGER 7469Q CONFIDENCE QUILTER SEWING AND QUILTING COMPUTERIZED MACHINE
The Singer 7469C is one of the most convenient and reliable quilting and sewing machines for both amateur and professional quilters alike. Using its multiple advanced features, quilting will never get any more creative and soothing. It boasts a large surface that allows proper and easy management of the large quilts and other projects. It is also complimented by 4 quilting feet that allow you to unlimitedly explore your sewing and quilting possibilities.
- 98 inbuilt stitches complimented by 7 completely automatic button holes (one-step).
- Automatic standard needle threader and characteristic Drop & Sew provision that allows ease during setup.
- Programmable needle (down/up) and characteristic drop feed that adds fun and simplicity in quilting.
- Extension table coupled by 4 quilting feet for fantastic quilting.
- Twin needle control (Electronic) and adaptable stitch width and length for project customization.
- Instruction manual to help assemble it and help deal with troubleshooting
- Needle Threader that is automatic for ease of use
- Programmable Needle (Up/Down) · Resilient metal frames · Adaptable width and length of stitch
- Designed to suit Canadians And the United States in particular
Now that you have an idea of what to settle for when purchasing a quilting machine, the decision is all yours! The market is filled with numerous machines that promise heaven’ and paradise’ on the purchase but only some selected few offer the deserved quality and reliability. Moreover, with the incessant technological developments, quilting and sewing is now easier and more interesting with a host of features providing more than is required. Taking into account that you are to forge a long-standing’ relationship with your machine, ensure you buy a model that you are certain you want to commit your passion to!